Sunday, February 12, 2012

HOW TO HAVE A GREAT AUTOPSY

Studies have shown that doctors doing autopsies can tell musicians from the general population because their brains are larger and have more connections.  I'm so happy to be stimulating the growth of my brain with music again.  We're just beginning to understand what a plastic organ the brain is.  It can grow and develop throughout life, and respond to changing conditions and activities.  Just learning to do something new (such as brushing one's teeth) with one's non-dominant hand creates measurable new connections in the brain.  All this growth needs to be supported with good rest, nutrition, and exercise to get oxygen-rich blood flowing through the brain.

This is my second day working on invention #6.  I'm working on it only for the last 15 minutes or so of the practice session, but it's coming along rapidly.  It's like this graceful little dance in triple meter.  So delightful!  And no ornaments in this one to slow me down.

[Before beginning this blog, I was sending emails to a friend.  I'm incorporating those into the blog, and embellishing them here and there. This entry was from 1/17/2012.]

No comments:

Post a Comment